LUSTRE18 is a selling exhibition of contemporary art and design, by makers in the South East. The exhibition will take place at OBS Gallery in Tonbridge, Kent. Building on the success of previous Lustre exhibitions, the exhibition will include art, craft and design that has been carefully curated. We welcome submissions by artists working in any media and are looking for approximately 50 artists to exhibit.
The exhibition will be open to the Public on 6th December 5.30-8.30pm as part of the Tonbridge First Thursday event and on 8th & 9th December 12-4pm.
You may submit as many applications as you wish. Each application costs £10 and you may submit 2 to 4 images with each application.
Applications are only accepted via this website and applications will be open between 31 July and 30 September.
Before starting an application, ensure you have all the following that you will need to complete the entry:
- A digital image of each artwork (jpg, jpeg, or png) less than 3MB in size.
- Title, size, material and price of each artwork (price to include 30% plus VAT commission to OBS Gallery; see further details in the Terms & Conditions below).
- Debit or credit card details for the PayPal payment.
- Please read and make yourself familiar with the terms and conditions (below). They include important details regarding dates for the exhibition, delivery and collection of artwork, submission process and handling of exhibits.
Terms & Conditions
please do take your time to read them now...
- Artists must work in the South East – London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, and Essex.
- Exhibits must be the artists’ own work.
- Submissions must be made via the website.
- The deadline for submissions is midnight on 30th September.
- Each submission may contain up to 2 to 4 images of different work.
- Multiple applications can be made.
- Each application is £10.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants will be notified by 31st October if their work has been accepted for exhibition.
- The judging panel's decision is final.
- Exhibits must be clearly labelled with name of artist, title of work and price.
- Artists are responsible for delivery of exhibits to the Gallery on Saturday 1st December, 9am-1pm; and collection of unsold work on Tuesday 11th December 9am-3pm.
- OBS Gallery reserves the right not to hang all selected works, either due to space or any other factor.
- Each artwork should be for sale.
- Commission is payable to OBS Gallery on the Selling Price exclusive of VAT, where applicable. This will be charged at 30% plus VAT.
- Artists will be advised of sold work following the end of the exhibition and a bank transfer will be made within a month.
- OBS Gallery will take every care to look after the exhibits in their care, however they cannot be held responsible for damages whilst the work is in our care. Artists are advised to ensure work is adequately insured.
- No wet paintings will be accepted.
- All exhibits must be labelled on the reverse with the Artists name, Title of work and Selling Price.
- Whilst artists are not required to steward the exhibition, we would welcome you and your guests to the Private View on 4th December, 6.30-8.00pm.
- OBS Gallery uses a hanging system that requires all 2D work to be framed with D-rings on the back of the frame. All work accepted must include D-rings, or OBS Gallery staff have your permission to remove any other hanging apparatus and screw D-rings onto the back of the frame.
- By submitting an application you consent to your email being added to the OBS Gallery mailing list to receive information on future exhibitions and events.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org